Thursday, July 17, 2008

podcasts

I had a look at some of the podcasts done by libraries and browsed through the lists of podcasts available. I could see quite a few areas where these could be used by a library.

I know that our library has a poetry slam and this would be something that could be podcast so that other users of the library could see what happened that night

The library's toddler time or rhyme time could be podcast so that mothers who found it hard to actually get out to the programme could watch it at home with their children Podcasts could be used for story telling sessions , for reviewing books, or for author visits

Podcasts could also be used for online learning obviously such as teaching computer skillss

I think they are a great thing and I am sure our library users would like to use them as well for radio or TV programmes that they have missed. For me one that I was interested in was Andrew Denton's Enough rope

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Podcast can be exciting for libraries - it is fun seeing the really interesting examples already out there.

Ellen (PLS)