Sunday, July 6, 2008

my first high tea


It's nice to do different and new things! For my daughter's recent birthday I went with members of my family to have high tea at the Intercontinental in Sydney. Its not a hotel I would normal stay in. BUT at 3pm we arrived for high tea and were treated to beautiful sandwiches and mini savouries along with about a dozen varieties of beautiful little cakes. Each dirty plate was removed as soon as empty. We received a complimentary glass of champagne on our arrival and as much coffee as we could drink or our own individual pot of tea. AND as if all the previously mentioned food was not enough we were able to have crepes or waffles with our own choice of topping plus cream and icecream. What a delight it was to be so spoiled for the afternoon!!!

No comments: