Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Looking at Wikis

I have spent a little time looking at the Wikis mentioned in the training programme. The one I liked best was the Princeton Library Booklover's Wiki. I take an adult book group at my library and I liked the books reviewed under different tags - the biographies, the chick lit and the five star books. It must have been a good programme they ran over the summer and it was a good Wiki for me to look at to see what people had been reading. I liked the link to the catalogue too so that prospective readers could see if the book they wanted was available.

The Library best Practice Wiki I found to be much bigger and more difficult to find what you were looking for. I did find one page with a helpful book selection list but I wonder if it may be the case that Wikis can at times just get too big!!

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

I think wikis need management like websites need management. The need to be well organised and well linked - otherwise it is just a lot of information which is hard to navigate around. I think wikis have a lot of potential.

Ellen (PLS)