Thursday, July 3, 2008

blogs for libraries

It was really interesting to look at the blogs that other libraries had created and I believe that it would be really great if our library could have its own blog. I especially liked the one that Sutherland library had here. I could see a lot of ways that we could use such a blog- to communicate with teens as they are particularly computer savy, to promote upcoming events and tell of successful events we have had. Pictures can always be uploaded to make the posts more attractive. We can have reviews of especially interesting new books. The book clubs could use the site to talk about the books they have been reading and post their thoughts on what they have read. I am sure there are many more ways that a blog could be used. I have only rattled off a few for starters

No comments: